Friday, September 3, 2010

NIGHT OWL TURNED EARLY BIRD.



Most mornings I try to get up earlier than Daycen, mainly to have sometime to myself & have breakfast rolling before his little stomach starts a-growlin'. I'm not sure if it is just me or not, but it seems the only time that he wants to be an early bird is those mornings I want to get a little extra shut eye. One of those mornings happened to be today.

I awoke to him howling in his bedroom, yes, literally howling.

I turned the coffee on, welcomed Daycen into the kitchen & began to scramble some eggs for breakfast. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched my two-year-old stomp his feet & pout. I've always thought I was pretty quick when it came to making a fast breakfast, but I assure you, Daycen wasn't satisfied with my speed. Yet, he refused to go watch some programs in the living - so, I was stuck with his whining.

Half way through heating the eggs on the skillet, Daycen found a way to entertain himself & his whimpering turned into shrieking laughter.





We like to call this curtain peek-a-boo. It only requires two things; a brightly colored curtain & a semi-tired, hungry two-year-old. What a perfect start to our Labor Day weekend. Hopefully yours started off just as wonderful, & continues that way through Monday.

No comments: