Wednesday, February 15, 2012

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH ♥

I had ever intention to make heart shaped, pink & chocolate chip pancakes for the kids on Valentine's day. I had everything out on the counter awaiting Daycen's arrival home from school. I knew he'd be SUPER excited.However, his bus was almost forty-five minutes late because they got behind at the play at the Grand Theater. By the time we walked home, it was already after noon & it was almost time to head over to Grandma's.

So the pancakes had to wait.

Until today of course. :-)



I've have a difficult time getting Daycen to pose for pictures without screaming "SMILE" at the top of his lungs or hollering REALLY loud. So, capturing these were priceless. My little man model is back sort of. He will still throw a fuss every now & than when it comes to pictures --- but at least I am finally getting some decent ones! ♥







After burning my fingertips last year, I invested in a actual heart shape pancake mold (yes, grabbing a cookie cutter out of a scorching frying pan will result in burned fingers. No thank you needed for being the "test" subject on this theory.) The best $2.50 I have ever spent.





Not to toot my own horn or anything, but these pancakes sure did turn out looking like ACTUAL hearts & not some smashed up triangle. My awesome pancake making skills may have finally surfaced after all these years. (or perhaps, the new mold had something to do with it.)



I never make pancakes.

I really, honestly, never do. I buy this mix once a year because I like to see this excitement.



I'm a firm believer that fun food makes for a happy heart.



I'm also a firm believer that someday, she'll get it.
Until than, I'll just keep trying.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Aaah, your pretty pink heart shaped pancakes are just great! ♥

Ashley said...

how cuuute!!

Your kids are amazingly beautiful!