Saturday, March 19, 2011

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM.

I'm sure all of you are aware that I've been absent. We are completely okay, & have just been spending some well needed family time together. With everything happening overseas & the anniversary of the day we lost our home nearing - we just needed some time to process everything.

A year ago today was the last full day we spent in the place we called home. It was laid back. We had a play date with Daycen's best friend, Rivers. I sat in the living room sipping coffee with Traci as our boys ran back & forth between Daycen's bedroom & the living room.



When I think back to this day, I get sick to my stomach. Exactly 24 hours later, a fire started in the ceiling of our dining room, the room that connected our living room to Daycen's bedroom. I sometimes wish it would have started this day - in my mind, we'd notice it, grab the kids & call the fire department. They'd be to our house before any real damage was done. I know though, if it had, it wouldn't have been that simple. Infact, it probably would have been devastating. As bad as it is to say, the timing was perfect.



The weather was beautiful. We spent the afternoon in our yard. Smiles, laughter, & sunlight circled us. The 19th of March was a beautiful day.



Today. It is going to be hard to leave my new house. It's the Saturday of give & get. Everything seems so familiar, yet so different. I just wish I could stay here & watch guard.

No comments: