Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ONES GARBAGE IS ANOTHERS THRILL.



My son is easily amused.

This weekend we put together cousin Naomi's toddler bed at my parents/brother's house. While we were slaving over the white railings, Daycen was in the other room surrounded by white foam & packaging. The sound of laughter fluttered through the air and brought smiles to everyone's faces.



When we returned to the living room, we saw a flash of red rolling around inside the large cardboard box. Loud squeals came out between heavy breaths, & his cheeks were flushed red. White foam pieces covered his blond locks as if there had been a blizzard. The smile on his face was larger than one that forms when he realizes he can have a brand new car at the store.



I can't believe how much a small child can have fun with something we view as garbage. I miss having the imagination to find entertainment in the simplest things. I'm lucky to have him around to remind me of this! I'm pretty sure we'll be building a fort this coming week with blankets & our living room furniture!

Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

No comments: